Rose Marie told me to do something custom to it, whatever I wanted. Always both fun and scary for me . . . I’m never sure if what I choose to do will be what the customer likes.
For this quilt, I decided to use 3 different thread colors: black on the black border, pink on the pink and black 9-patches, and yellow in the yellow blocks.
Here are some pictures of what I did to it . . .
I did a Pam Clarke-style flower in each 9-patch block. In the yellow blocks that had applique, I outlined the flower, then stippled what was left of the background.
In the plain yellow blocks, I did a frame with circles in the middle, and a flower inside the frame.
In the black border, I quilted one-sided feathers in the scallops around the edges, then used triple lines to fill in the background between the feathers and the blocks. I outlined the applique that was in the border.
You can’t really see that I used 3 different colors of thread . . . but I will say it was very brave (or maybe stupid) of me to quilt with black thread on a white backing, as it is very unforgiving. Every little backtrack seemed to stick out like a sore thumb!